I talked a bit about “cleaning house” more as a metaphor of things we hold onto but that no longer serves us. It’s time to purge these ideas from your mind! These are 5 of these ideas.
1. The idea that you can be all things to all people. Not only is that exhausting. It’s counterproductive! Being all things to everybody sets yourself up as martyr and you’ve sacrificed you. When does anyone take care of you?
2. Running yourself into the ground. Even when that task has got to be done…give yourself a break. Take a deep, cleansing breath. Don’t forget to eat! Take a walk or stretch for a few minutes. You’ll find you’re more productive and less stressed.
3. Pretending everything is great or my nothing word, fine. Falling apart doesn’t mean you’re weak. Sometimes, we need a good cry.
4. Always choosing things in your comfort zone. No fear of failing because you’re simply stagnating, not grown. Life sometimes means making mistakes an learning from them. You grow as a person.
5. all a rationalization what it is…an excuse. You can give excuses to your friends,lie about how fine you are, but, at the end of the day, who are you lying to? Yourself.