I heard on the radio that this week is Random Acts of Kindness Week. I guess because of St. Valentines Day…instead of dreaming of chocolates and long-stemmed roses…Let’s focus on the other people you encounter. I believe people should be kind all the time but, here are 6 positive ideas:
1.Smile at someone you don’t know-in the Starbucks line… At the grocery store…A smile is one of the most important and positive things you can do to raise your own spirits. A byproduct might be they smile back-you’ve brightened their day and it made you feel good,too.
2. Pay for someone’s parking-meter. You see the meter is about to expire,so, you help the other guy and put coins in! The one receiving should not be able to thank you! (It’s random)
3. Hug someone…You should probably know them. (I don’t want anyone to get arrested!)
4. Let everyone in to your lane-lessens the stress of both drivers.
5. Give flowers to some stranger…This can be tricky, but kind.
6. Donate pet supplies you bought at the pet store. I know the ASPCA would love it! Don’t leave your name.
***BONUS 7.Read to a child-not your own. Maybe in a hospital, shelter, Abuse Center…
The idea is you’re doing these activities and others you think up and do them and not be thanked or get any acknowledgement. Some things are just good manners, others take a little planning. But, isn’t that worth it?