A recent Harris poll reported 70% of employees were planning to change jobs/careers when the economy picked up! Well, employers are hiring, unemployment is decreasing, and consumers are buying. Are you part of this majority?
Transtion is Change. This can be a downsizing, divorce, kids leaving home or even death of a loved one. Personal growth, wanting more time for self could also create a change or enhancement of your perspective.
Women, often, those in mid-life-(35+), find these questions particularly resonate. Reflect on these:
- I’m just not sure what I want to do.
- If I pursue a goal or dream and many obstacles come my way, it must mean it wasn’t meant to be.
- I schedule time for everyone else’s needs but my own.
- I’m doing or pursuing something in my life that gives me a strong feeling of satisfaction, meaning and purpose.
- I need to overcome my negative emotions.
o I often downplay my knowledge to avoid seeming arrogant.
o I take time to do things just for me.
o I long to find/rediscover my passion/purpose in life.
I ask all my clients some form of these questions. Ask yourself, is there a change on your
horizon? Journal, make a collage, do a drawing/painting, think on it while driving to the dry
cleaners, the bank, the gym…Whatever you’re doing….Just think-what is my meaning?
Thinking about defining Transitions, thought I’d share with you some info & statistics I talked about in my presentation at the Womens Expo-held during Womens History month!